Amy Marshall, DNP*, FNP-C, APRN, MSN


Health Journey


Dr. Marshall's health journey began after the birth of her third child.  She became very fatigued and no longer felt herself.   Working in Western medicine, she had seen patients in similar situations, who were put on antidepressants.   Knowing this was not in her best interest, she sought out the help of Dr.  Tennant.  All of the aspects of health that she now teaches (thyroid, dental infections, scars, emotions and toxins) are what she personally used raise her voltage and heal.​

"Integrating the theories and principles in Dr. Tennant’s: Healing is Voltage, has allowed me to help my patients on many levels.  We have come to understand that there are many areas that must be addressed for a patient to get well and stay well.  Now in my practice, I can address the 'why am I sick' instead of just covering up the symptoms.  When the 'why' is discovered, then the process of healing can begin."
—Amy Marshall, DNP

Education and Career

Dr. Amy Marshall graduated from Ursuline Academy in New Orleans, LA.  She graduated Cum Laude and received her Bachelor of Science in Biology from Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA.  After working at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio as a Research Assistant, she joined the Air Force Reserves and graduated with honors. She graduated Cum Laude from Texas Woman’s University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and worked in the Parkland Operating room for many years.  She assisted in surgeries of neuro, ortho, opthamology and many others.  She worked as a home health nurse as well, taking medical care into a patient’s home.  She received her commission as a Captain in the Air Force Reserves and served as a battlefield surgical nurse attached to an Air Transportable Hospital unit from the Naval Air Station, JRB, Fort Worth, Texas.  She was awarded an incentive flight on an F-16 for her accomplishments.  


Higher Education

Suspending her career, she pursued higher education and graduated Cum Laude with her Master of Science in Nursing as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) from Samford University, Birmingham, AL and began working as an FNP in 2012. She became aware of the under-diagnosis and poor treatment of those with hypothyroidism in her clinic.  An undiagnosed or under-treated thyroid can have long-term health consequences.  This inspired her to complete her Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) from Samford University completing a research study on ways to improve the diagnosis of hypothyroidism, as the TSH is often inadequate.  Since adrenal and thyroid issues often present together, both are an integral part of becoming well.  


What is a DNP?  A DNP is a nurse practitioner who has furthered their education with a practice doctorate.  These doctorates are designed to improve patient outcomes by improving the delivery of health care. 


*The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is a terminal professional degree in nursing practice, an alternative to the research focused doctoral degree. The curriculum for the DNP degree builds on traditional master's programs by providing education in evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and systems leadership.  Furthermore, the DNP is intended to be a parity degree with other health care doctorates such as psychology, medicine, and dentistry.  Advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) include the nurse practitioner (NP), certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA), certified nurse midwife (CNM), and the clinical nurse specialist (CNS) and are prepared in master's-degree programs that often carry a credit load equivalent to doctoral degrees in the other health professions.   Although approximately 52% of nurse anesthetist programs will award the DNP, the remaining 48% may use the title Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice(DNAP).

—Source; Wikapedia 7/12/2016



Tennant Institute

9901 Valley Ranch Parkway East
 Suite #3075
Irving, Texas, USA  75063

THIS SITE IS UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF:  The Arizona Board of Homeopathic and Integrated Medicine Examiners and the Pastoral Medical Association.

© 2020 Tennant Institute 

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Instagram